Monday, December 31, 2007
In the United States it means college football games all day, in England it means soccer games all day and all over Europe it means the opening of the transfer market. Every year there are all kinds of crazy rumors of stars, like Ronaldo (pictured above), moving to other clubs and teams fighting to stay in the top division spend all types of money to fight against the drop. So as they say let the shopping begin.
So whether you are watching bowl games or wishing for a center forward, Only Time Will Tell wishes everyone a Happy New Year.
Saturday, December 29, 2007
With the new year ready to start, its time to name the first annual Only Time Will Tell World 11.
Goal: Iker Casillas, Real Madrid: The back bone of the team that rallied to win the Spanish title and are the current leaders.
Right Back: Daniel Alves, Sevilla: Made Sevilla one of the best teams to watch in all of the world.
Centerback: Nemanja Vidic, Manchester United: teamed with every ones favorite Rio to lead the Red Devils to the EPL Title and the FA Cup Final.
Centerback: Michael Essien, Chelski: He does anything that is asked played center back when Terry missed time. The Bison was quick to come to the rescue.
Left Back: Sergio Ramos, Real Madrid: I know that he plays in the center for Real Madrid, but he might be one of the five best players in the world.
Midfield: Christano Ronaldo, Manchester United: Simply the best player in the world.
Midfield: Kaka, AC Milan: World Player of the year for his 14 game run in the Champions League, do not get me started on that.
Midfield: Juan Roman Riquelme, Boca Juniors: In the Copa America, he was super for Argentina and then led Boca to the Copa Liberadores.
Midfield: Messi, Barca: No words needed.
Forward: Didier Drogba, Chelski: At one point he was the one that could score for the blues and almost single handedly kept the blues in the title race last year.
Forward: Francesco Totti, Roma: While Inter was running away with the title, Totti was leading Europe in scoring. The life long Roma player is always a trooper.
Blummer Elanno, Manchester City
Clint Dempsey, Fulham: Sorry as an American he has to be on there.
Karim Benzema, Lyon
Gianluigi Buffon, Juventus
Thursday, December 27, 2007
24, Wisconsin 10 Outback: Tennessee
31, Missouri 21 Arkansas Gator Bowl: Texas Tech 42, Virginia 21 Citrus: Florida 35 21 , Michigan
- Rose: USC 35,
42, Georgia 41 in overtime. Hawaii head coach June Jones goes for two in the first overtime and dawgs defense stops the warriors. This is the game that I can not wait for. Hawaii Fiesta: Oklahoma31, 17 West Virginia : Virginia Tech 35, Orange 10 Kansas 14 BCS Title Game: LSU 31, Ohio State
Monday, December 24, 2007
Sunday, December 23, 2007
Around the soccer world, there are all kinds of great Brazilian names. What would happen if you made the number one college basketball team into the Brazilian National Team?
Here is what happened:
- Wayne Ellington: Ellingtaca Pau
- Bobby Frasor: Biano
- Marcus Ginyard: Ginya
- Danny Green: Gremar
- Tyler Hansbrough: Hansbroao
- Ty Lawson: Lawsio
- Alex Stepheson: Stephesa
- Deon Thompson: Thompsson
- Quentin Thomas: Quentisco
- Coach Roy Williams: Williiano
Saturday, December 22, 2007
The Big Ears Cup: The Champions League: all ties are played over two legs
- Celtic v Barcelona: Barca 3-1
- Lyon v Manchester United: United 2-1
- Schalke 04 v FC Porto: Porto 2-2 advance on away goals
- Liverpool v Internazionale: Liverpool 1-0
- AS Roma v Real Madrid: Roma 2-1
- Arsenal v AC Milan: Arsenal 1-0
- Olympiakos v Chelsea: Chelsea 3-0
- Fenerbahçe v Sevilla: Sevilla 2-0
- Aberdeen v Bayern Munich: Munich 4-0
- AEK Athens v Getafe: Getafe 1-0
- Bolton v Atletico Madrid: Atletico 4-0
- Zenit St Petersberg v Villarreal: Zenit St. Petersberg 1-0
- Galatasaray v Bayer Leverkusen: Galatasaray 2-0
- Anderlecht v Bordeaux: Bordeaux 2-1
- SK Brann v Everton: Everton 4-0
- FC Zurich v Hamburg: Hamburg 4-0
- Rangers v Panathinaikos: Rangers 2-0
- PSV Eindhoven v Helsingborgs: PSV 2-0
- Slavia Prague v Tottenham: Spurs 4-0
- Rosenborg v Fiorentina: Fiorentna 3-0
- Sporting v Basle: Sporting 2-2 on away goals
- Werder Bremen v Braga: Werder Bremen 3-0
- Benfica v Nurnberg: Benfica 1-0
- Marseille v Spartak Moscow: Marseille 2-1
Friday, December 21, 2007
Wednesday, December 19, 2007
- Spain: The Clasico: Real Madrid v Barcelona, 1 p.m. on Gol TV.
- Italy: Milan Derby: AC Milan v Inter Milan, 9 a.m. on FSC
- EPL: Manchester United v Everton, 7 a.m. on FSC and Chelski v Blackburn, 11 a.m. on FSC.
In many ways this Sunday's game will feature better action then last Sunday games and that includes the EPL. For some reason I think the United v Everton and Chelski v Blackburn will be better games then the two that were held last Sunday.
Tuesday, December 18, 2007
The Gator Bowl: The logo has nothing to do with Gator, but it has a lot to do with cameras.
Pioneer Pure Vision Las Vegas Bowl: It looks like something that the Ultimate Warrior used to have painted on his face.
Emerald Bowl: Is it me or does it look like the football is crushing the Golden Gate Bridge .
The Rose Bowl: I might not always agree with their team choices but their logos is simply the best.
Orange Bowl: While the location of the game has changed, the logo is still simple, classic, and who does not like a smiling orange with a crown.
Holiday Bowl: This bowl is always a good game and the logo might be one of the reasons why.
Monday, December 17, 2007
- Alabama: Nick Saban
- Arkansas: Bob Petrino
- Ole Miss: Houston Nutt
- Mississippi State: Sylvester Croom
- LSU: Les Miles
- Auburn: Tommy Tuberville
That is just one division, look at the SEC East:
- Florida: Urban Meyer
- Georgia: Mark Richt
- South Carolina: Steven Spurrier
- Kentucky: Rich Brooks
- Tennesssee: Phillip Fulmer
- Vanderbilt: Bobby Johnson
When you look at the list of coaches on paper, it might just blow your mind.
The Eastern Division has three different coaches that have won National Championships, while the west has one coach with one and another playing for one this year. The stats continue, all of these coaches have been to bowl games, expect Bobby Johnson of Vandy, who many think might be one of the best overall coaches in the country.
So when people talk about the strength of a conference just look at the people strolling the sidelines and no conference does it like the SEC.
Sunday, December 16, 2007
FIFA Club World Cup Final:
Milan 4, Boca Juniors 2:
- Has Clarence Seedorf found the fountain of youth, cause during the final of the World Club Cup, besides Kaka he was the best player on the field.
- Can someone please tell officials at FSC to fire Christopher Sullivan he drives me crazy all of the time.
- How much better would the final have been if Juan Roman Riquelme was on the field for Boca.
Grand Slam Sunday in the EPL (Manchester United v. Liverpool and Chelsea v. Arsenal)
Manchester United 1, Liverpool 0
- This comes as a shock to all but Rafa is using the same lineup against United that he used in the midweek, I guess the Carling Cup means nothing to him anymore.
- According to the BBC, Liverpool co-owner Tom Hicks and his family have been out on the pitch at Anfield having a photo taken for their Christmas card this year. I have no idea if this is joke or not.
- With not having Setanta, I listened to the Liverpool v United game on the radio, through a betting Web site, I think that I need some help.
- At least the British announcers make it interesting.
- After dropping three more points, six dropped in their last two league games, Rafa can now get back to Champions League soccer. And still Liverpool have not won a league title since the outlaw of the back pass.
- Rafa days are numbered now.
Arsenal 1, Chelski 0
- The history of last years Carling Cup Final is remembered, tackles flying in all over the place.
- John Terry is become the Donovan McNabb of the English Premier League, after leaving the game with another injury.
- I guess the title race is a two team race right now.
- I'm sure the FA is going to look into the incident at the end with Cesc and Ashley Cole and the both teams might be a little trouble for a combined 10 yellow cards.
Friday, December 14, 2007
Wednesday, December 12, 2007
Tuesday, December 11, 2007
This is the team that United are taking to
So Sir Alex is taking Rooney, Saha, Carrick, Fletcher, Nani, Brown, O'Shea and a Carling Cup side. This ranks up there with some of the worst side ever to play in the Champions League, thank god its Roma and not
Monday, December 10, 2007
If you love the Gators he is the greatest thing. He is perfect, he was home schooled, he plays with injuries, he is the greatest leader, he gets good grades in class and he just makes plays with a smile on his face.
As a person that hated Reddick, Tebow is the same thing, annoying. Both have won various players of the year during their times and both have questions about what they do with their spare times. They both also like gladiator movies.
So please, Tim after next season just leave for the NFL so I can continue to hate you. Just like Reddick, Tebow haters will have their revenge, when he goes to the next level.
Saturday, December 08, 2007
Here is a look at the front pages from New Jersey and Detroit and how they reported it.
Detroit Free Press
Thursday, December 06, 2007
Here are a couple of the comments from a story in Honolulu Advisor over the last couple of days:
- ""We don't care what it means. We live in
. We speak English. Just be sure to show up for your butt-whipping next year. You may be "warriors" in the WAC, but here you'll just be fodder,'' this is from Bill from America . Tampa
- "I thought I would never cheer for the Mangy Dawgs until I heard this clown have the Genital fortitude to make these comments. June and his Hula dancers will get their A$$es "Systematically” Whipped by the Gators in the Swamp next year and in a couple of weeks by Knowshon Moreno and the Mutts.SEC Rules !!!! GO GATORS !!!!!,'' this is from Chuck E. Gator from
- "Until Jane Jones spoke up, I had never heard of Brennan. But, Jane will know who the Gators are on 8/30/08.Go Gators,'' this comes from Mike in
Eagle Harborfrom . Jacksonville
- "For starters, I'm a Gator fan not a Bama fan. Furthermore, I did mispell "you're" and you thought I might come off too "southern" for using poor grammar. Then you proceeded to use "y'all", "ain't", and "ya" in your pointless banter about a Bama game. Anyway, lay off the ice out there Rainbow Brite,'' JIB from
, Semmes, Alabama
The best thing about this whole thing, is some gator fans are now rooting for UGA in the Sugar Bowl, which would never happen. Now Jones will have to show the gator nation how much of a system quarterback Teabow is when the Warriors open next season at the Swap.
Wednesday, December 05, 2007
Monday, December 03, 2007
- Since 1998 Dukes has been arrested six times.
- In May, it was reported that his wife filed a restraining order after he threatened to kill her
- In June a 17 year-old foster child, who was living in the care of a relative of Dukes, accused him of impregnating her, then Dukes appeared on a radio show and lost it.
While Milledege has also had his issues over the years.
- Prior to the 2003 amateur draft, reports regarding Milledge's expulsion from Northside Christian High School after his junior year for allegedly having sex with a 15-year-old girl came out.
- In May, it was reported that Milledge appeared in a rap song, "Bend Ya Knees," by Manny D, a childhood friend. The song drew the ire of the Mets and the new York media.
I cannot wait until one of them misplays a ball in the middle of the outfield, they just might start fighting with each other right there.
Sunday, December 02, 2007
Oregon did its best to look like Mountain Dew cans.
Thursday, November 29, 2007
Wednesday, November 28, 2007
Tuesday, November 27, 2007
Monday, November 26, 2007
Thursday, November 22, 2007
Sabah (Turkey) celebrates their trip to the finals.
Jornal de Noticias (Portugal) salutes their heroes after their qualification
The Daily Telegraph (England) looks into the national nightmare
The Guardian (England) its officially over.