Thursday, May 10, 2007

You thought Sweet Lou was nuts

Over the course of the last three years, no mangers has made as many off the wall comments as the special one, Jose Mourinho, the Chelski manager. In baseball the standard for comments after games is Cubs manager Lou Pinella, but overall the Special One makes Sweet Lou look like a school girl.
Here are some of the Special Ones' Special lines:

  • “I saw their players and manager go for a lap of honour after losing to us in their last home game. In Portugal if you do this, they throw bottles at you,'' about Manchester United two years ago.

  • "I think he is one of these people who is a voyeur. He likes to watch other people. There are some guys who, when they are at home, have a big telescope to see what happens in other families. He speaks, speaks, speaks about Chelsea.” on Arsene Wenger.

  • “Barcelona have a great club. But in 200 years of history they have won the European Cup only once. I have been managing for a few years and I have already won the same amount.” During the Champions League in 2005-2006.

  • "As we say in Portugal, they brought the bus and they left the bus in front of the goal. I would have been frustrated if I had been a supporter who paid £50 to watch this game because Spurs came to defend. There was only one team looking to win, they only came not to concede - it’s not fair for the football we played.” about London Rivals Spurs.

  • "Please don’t call me arrogant, but I’m European champion and I think I’m a special one.”

That is just a small sampling of the gems from the Special One for more go here.

No comments: