Friday, June 26, 2009
So here we go:
• There are a ton of Islander fans at the draft glad to see they made the trip to Montreal.
• Pronger to the Flyers, now all they need is a goaltender. The Flyers gave up a ton two first rounders and a young defenseman.
• Garth Snow had to pick Tavares. If not the fans would have burnt down the arena.
• Love the GM trying to speak French in honor of the draft being in Montreal. They sound like I did when I took French in middle school.
• Avs pick Matt Duchene gave everyone a lesson on the different sticks players use.
• Just saw a guy at the Ottawa Senators table playing on Twitter.
• Having Toronto GM Brian Burke wired for sound is awesome, so refreshing.
• Ottawa gets a steal in Jared Cowan, was great as a 17 year old in the Memorial Cup in 2007.
• All of the European draft picks have the classic slim ties. They are classic.
• The Preds selected my favorite player Windsors Ryan Ellis. Love him.
• Love the video of the high school players drafted, its like the old videos of european basketball players that are drafted in the NBA draft.
Over the past couple of years, few players have kept the dance moves of Michael Jackson going like Donovan McNabb. So here is McNabb doing the moonwalk. He has also been know to break out the Thriller dance when he scores touchdowns. Our little tribute the greatness of Mr. Jackson.
Thursday, June 25, 2009
Who doesn't love a good draft, here are some of the notes from the OTWT Scouting Department about the NBA Draft.
- Beard and bow tie. Tell me James Harden is not old school and cool.
- Draft fashion has always been a big deal and Hasheem Thabeet’s watch is bigger then his arm. Never draft a guys whose watch is bigger then their arm.
- I think that Ricky Rubio could use a hair cut. From Spain to Minnesota talk about a climate change.
- Wow Knick fans are nuts. Don Nelson screws the Knicks again by taking Curry have to love that, years after being run out of town he still can stick it to them.
- Really missing Stephen A. Smith but it was good to see that he was active on twitter during the draft.
- There was a players from Guadalupe and the Congo just picked in the first round, who said the NBA was not international.
- I hope the Timberwolves are working a trade cause Rubio, Flynn and Lawson. That is three point guards for one ball. Reports suggest that Lawson is on his way to Denver for a future one.
- Who said Hansbrough made the wrong choice in going back to North Carolina, he was still a lottery pick. For all of the people that were hating on him, look he is a lottery pick.
- Ellington, Hansbrough, Lawson have it all. Nationals Championship rings and all three first round picks.
- The ACC rules. ACC has at least 6 picks in the first round for the 3rd time in five years (6 in 2007, 7 in 2005). This year the conference has seven, three from the Heels.
Monday, June 22, 2009
While Lucas Glover may have run off with the trophy this afternoon, Duval may have been the biggest story at Bethpage Black. For the last eight years the former Number 1 player in the world could not find his golf swing, but that appears to be changing. During the US Open, Duval swing looked back to the classic Duval swing when he was Number 1 in the world. The fans at the Black Course tried to will Duval and his trademark wrap around Oakley's to victory, but a second p lace is a great place to start. People forget that he was he was the person that took the Number 1 ranking away from Mr.. Woods.
Based on one good performance its hard to go nuts, but lets hope that is just the start of Duval getting really back on the track. With his tie for second Duval his now in the field for the next four majors, so maybe this is the start of the second coming of Duval.