Saturday, August 01, 2009
Friday, July 31, 2009
I know its not a big deal to most but to me it means something. Johnson was never going to be part of the teams long range plans, so why not move him and get a player that might help you down the road.
Thompson is the 13th ranked player in the deep fish system. The left-handed pitcher out of Houston features a fast ball that touches the low 90s, according to Baseball America.
Ok it does not sound like he is a top of the line starter, but to get a guy that can filled out the back end of the rotation is a good thing for a player that was part of future plans.
Tuesday, July 28, 2009
The Phillies are talking about if they want to give up Kyle Drabek in a deal for Toronto ace Roy Halladay, while the Mets have a fine mess built around attacks on beat writer and a executive who wanted to fight a group of minors leagues.
The two front pages could not better tell the story of the two teams different stories. The Phillies are trying for back to back World Series titles, while the Mets are just trying to get people to take them seriously.
Monday, July 27, 2009
• Chelski Zhirkov looks like he might be the best signing in the EPL.
• Diego and Melo might be the pieces that Juve might need to win Serie A.
• The one thing that still bothers me about Real Madrid is that they still need a creative mid-fielder.
• Its weird seeing Ronnie in the all white of Real Madrid. He will always be a United player in my eyes.
• One thing that has been good to see in the World Football Challenge is how good Club America are. Shows how good the Mexican League is.
• There was no one at the Peace Cup in Spain a real shame, cause it has quality teams.
• Is there a better name in soccer then Porto's Hulk.
• AC Milan stinks, its that simple. If it continues they might be in the Europa League in 2010/2011.
Other preseason notebooks coming in the coming weeks.