Saturday, January 12, 2008
It's gotta be the shoes, was the classic line from Mars Blackmon and it has been a great week to the be the shoes on the feet of Christiano Rolando.
Earlier this week, his new Nike Mercurial Vapor 4 beat a Bugatti Veyron in a foot race.
Then today, the magic orange shoes, scored on a free kick in the second half to start the destruction of the Newcastle United defense and later scored two more to get his first hat trick with United.
With the win, United jump the Gunners on goal difference at the top of the Premier League.
"Roy Williams already has classes that will be among the tops in the country and it is just January."
For the 2008-2009 season Roy has brought in:
- Kendall Marshall. PG, Arlington, VA (this story is from 2003 about who good he is)
- Reggie Bullock, SG, Kinston, NC.
As this current group of Tar Heels moves on, Roy will have another great generation right behind them waiting to make an impact.
Friday, January 11, 2008
The bowl season, that was just completed, can be described in one word, Swoosh. All over the month long festival of college football, besides the football, the other constant, was that darn Nike Swoosh .
Take a look at the BCS Bowls, the only team that did not sport the swoosh was Kansas who wore the three stripes of Adidas.
Here is the list of the bowl games and the shoes and uniform deals they were wearing:
- Poinsettia Bowl: Navy vs. Utah: both Nike schools
- New Orleans Bowl: Florida Atlantic vs. Memphis: both Nike schools
- Papajohns.com Bowl: Cincinnati vs. Southern Miss: Both Nike schools
- New Mexico Bowl: New Mexico vs. Nevada: New Mexico Nike, Nevada Adidas
- Las Vegas Bowl: BYU vs. UCLA: BYU Nike, UCLA Adidas
- Hawaii Bowl: East Carolina vs. Boise State: both Nike schools
- Motor City Bowl: Purdue vs. Central Michigan: Purdue Nike, Central Michigan New Balance
- Holiday Bowl: Texas vs. Arizona State: both Nike schools
- Texas Bowl: TCU vs. Houston: TCU Nike, Houston Adidas
- Champs Sports Bowl: Boston College vs. Michigan State: Boston College Reebok, Michigan State Nike.
- Emerald Bowl: Oregon State vs. Maryland: Oregon State Nike, Maryland Under Armour
- Meinke Car Care Bowl: Wake Forest vs. UConn: both Nike schools
- Liberty Bowl: South Florida vs. Mississippi State: South Florida Adidas, Mississippi State Russell Athletic
- Alamo Bowl: Penn State vs. Texas A&M: Penn State Nike, Texas A&M Adidas
- Independence Bowl: Colorado vs. Alabama: both Nike schools
- Armed Forces Bowl: California vs. Air Force: both Nike schools
- Sun Bowl: South Florida vs. Oregon: both Nike schools, but South Florida will be becoming Under Armour next year.
- Humanitarian Bowl: Georgia Tech vs. Fresno State: Georgia Tech Russell Athletic, Fresno State Nike
- Music City Bowl: Kentucky vs. Florida State: both Nike schools
- Peach Bowl: Clemson vs. Auburn: Clemson Nike school, Auburn Under Armour
- Insight Bowl: Oklahoma State vs. Indiana: Oklahoma State Nike, Indiana Adidas
- Outback Bowl: Wisconsin vs. Tennessee: both Adidas schools
- Cotton Bowl: Missouri vs. Arkansas: Missouri Nike , Arkansas Adidas
- Gator Bowl: Texas Tech vs. Virginia: Texas Tech Under Armour, Virginia Nike
- Capital One Bowl: Michigan vs. Florida: both Nike schools
- International Bowl: Rutgers vs. Ball State: both Nike schools
- GMAC Bowl: Tulsa vs. Bowling Green: Tulsa Nike, Bowling Green Adidas
- Rose Bowl: USC vs. Illinois: both Nike schools
- Sugar Bowl: Hawaii vs. Georgia: both Nike schools
- Orange Bowl: Virginia Tech vs. Kansas: Virginia Tech Nike, Kansas Adidas
- Fiesta Bowl: West Virginia vs. Oklahoma: both Nike schools
- BCS Title Game: LSU vs. Ohio State: both Nike schools
Thursday, January 10, 2008
Kolo Touré and Emmanuel Eboué (Ivory Coast),
Alexandre Song (Cameroon)
Richard Kingson (Ghana), Mehdi Nafti and Radhi Jaidi (Tunisia)
Aaron Mokoena (South Africa)
El Hadji Diouf (Senegal), Abdoulaye Méïté (Ivory Coast)
Mikel John Obi (Nigeria), Didier Drogba and Salomon Kalou (Ivory Coast), Michael Essien (Ghana)
Joseph Yobo and Yakubu Ayegbeni (Nigeria), Steven Pienaar (South Africa)
Mohamed Shawky (Egypt)
Obafemi Martins (Nigeria), Geremi (Cameroon), Abdoulaye Faye and Habib Beye (Senegal)
Pape Bouba Diop (Senegal), Nwankwo Kanu and John Utaka (Nigeria), Sulley Muntari (Ghana)
André Bikey (Cameroon), Emerse Faé (Ivory Coast), Ibrahima Sonko (Senegal)
Dickson Etuhu (Nigeria)
Didier Zokora (Ivory Coast)
John Pantsil (Ghana), Henri Camara (Senegal)
Salomon Olembe (Cameroon), Julius Aghahowa (Nigeria)
Sky Sports breaks down who is going to feel the loss the most during the next month. Of the top four Manchester United have no one going and Liverpool only have Sissoko, who will not be with the team when he gets back, and a fringe player going.
Wednesday, January 09, 2008
I'm not saying that one used the other as a base, but there look very similar.
Tuesday, January 08, 2008
They call him the Wizard, because he is the man behind the curtain.
During the first half of the BCS National Championship LSU Offensive Coordinator Gary Crowton (right) had the
The thing that makes Crowton so good as a play caller is that he is fearless and will try anything. That showed at every turn during the title game.
Crowton should be up for any job that opens up, but a tough end to his head coaching tenure at BYU has turned people off to him. Before coming to LSU, Crowton lead the offense of the Oregon Ducks. When The Mad Hatter Les Miles went looking for someone to replace Jimbo Fisher, who left to become the offensive coordinator at FSU last year, he went to
Sunday, January 06, 2008
The best things about the ground outside of the premier league is that they all have something different to offer, weather its classic terraces or a terrible pitch.
That is what makes the cup so special, it gives fans who have never been to England a look at the smaller clubs that make up the fabric of the game.