Thursday, June 09, 2011
The Bundy brothers have already come outswining against the Harper family. According to the Washington Post, Dylan Bundy (below) said he we would hit Harper if he blew kisses at him after hitting a home run.
Dylan's brother joined in the fun.
“Same thing,” the other Bundy said. “The kid can’t do that. You know, that was a little over the top. I mean, I guess he did get hit in previous at-bats and maybe he felt like it was for nothing, but still, in baseball etiquette you don’t blow a kiss to the pitcher like that. It’s just not something you do.”
If all four of these prospects meet up in the next couple of years it could be fun, the only issue is that Bryce is the only one that swings a bat, which could be dangerous for him.
Monday, June 06, 2011
The first and sandwich round of the MLB Draft are in the books and here a couple of quick thoughts on what happened.
- Welcome to Major League Baseball in 2011, its all about pitching and that showed with the top four players selected all being pitching, including three college pitchers that are going to move fast through each of their systems.
- I guess Gerrit Cole choice to turn down the Yankees after they selected him in the first round in 2008 turned out well for him. Cole was the number one overall pick in the draft.
- At the start of the season Anthony Rendon was the number player on most people's board after a season that featured injuries Rendon dropped to the Nationals at six. It was a dream for the Nats front office.
- MLB Network coverage of the draft is getting better each year they do it, love seeing Gammons on the show. He has always loved the drafted.
- People are going to kill the Giants for taking St. John's SS Joe Panik, but they usually do some weird things in the draft and more times that not they turn out well.
- Both Massachusetts high school pitcher Tyler Beede and Texas high school outfielder Josh Bell sent letters out saying that they were not signing and attending college, it worked out well for Beede who was drafted by Toronto in the first round, while Bell slid out of the first round.
- The draft needs to get more players at the draft, it would make it g