Thursday, July 16, 2009
Wednesday, July 15, 2009
Tuesday, July 14, 2009
Broken leg vs. Blackburn
Monday, July 13, 2009
People say Nani could one day fill Ronaldo's shoes, but giving him the famed jersey at this point in his career might bring him undo pressure.
Owen might not be the long term number 7 but he is a good choice to hang on to it in the short term until Nani is ready to take over full time.
Sunday, July 12, 2009
• The length of the rain delay has been so long that some players are now eligible for free agency.
• Feliz has electric stuff. The Rangers have great pitching in the minors. He might be up in the next couple of weeks.
• GM can not be happy that their prize kids are playing in rain like this.
• I bet Blue Jays scouts are really examining Kyle Drabek during his outing. He will be the center piece to any deal. Showed great command in his inning of work.
• Another Phillies guy takes the mound, Flande. The Jays will have their choice of pitchers in a trade. He has good stuff. A couple of years ago the Phillies system was terrible, now its loaded with high ceiling players. Ed Wade deserves a lot of credit for it.
• The M's Tyson Gillies has speed, speed, and more speed. He is not afraid to run.
• Colorado's Eric Young has surprising power. The home run he hit just kept going.
• Devils Rays prospect Desmond Jennings looks like the typical Rays outfield prospects, long and athletic.
• I could listen to Peter Gammons talk all day about prospects and the Cape Code League. A true legend.
• Astros Jason Castro showed off a great arm in gunning down a runner trying to steal third base. Besides the arm Castro also hit a home run. He is showing all of the tools.
• I can not believe that there have been 11 Futures Game. Alfonso Soriano the first MVP of the game, sounds weird.
• .190 against BA against for Casey Kelly, Red Sox, in the minors. Very impressive inning and his last for the season, now he is going to play SS after the game.