Good night John Parker Wilson, Good Night Gordon Ely-Kelso, Good Night Colt. This has to be the year of the red neck in College Football. Its seems like Confederate Flags and guns racks on pick-up trucks are all the rage at college football stadium around the country. With respects to Jeff Foxworthy, you might be a red neck if you have the first name of a beer. So here is the a list of the best red neck names in college football.
1. Jim Bob Cooter, QB, University of Tennessee: I do not care if he has played very little during his time. Any time you have a Cooter on the Tennessee football team its comedy gold.
2. John David Booty, QB, USC: A red neck filling in for Mr. Hollywood, now that is a concept that should be a movie.
3. Britton Colquitt, Punter, University of Tennessee: All you need to know is that everyone in the Colquitt family punted for the Big Orange Nation. Family of punters with hick names now that is something to be proud of.
4. Gordon Ely-Kelso, kicker, University of Georgia: Anytime you have a name like that and play at the UGA, you will make a list like this.
5. Colt McCoy, QB, University of Texas: This man is everything Texas. Besides leading the Texas offense all year, he also enjoy hunting and fishing. Really I cannot make this stuff up. He went to Jim Ned High School, it sound like a place in the Fox Show King of the Hill.
6. Colt Brennan, QB, University of Hawaii: He has lead the June Jones offense to great heights. The Rainbows are number offense in the nation averaging 525.2 yards a game, passing for 421.9 and scoring 45.4 points. Wow this really is turning out to the be the year of the Colt, he should join McCoy in the New York in December.
7. John Parker Wilson, QB, University of Alabama: He is a cult hero in the state. Before coming to 'Bama, Wilson was the quarterback at Hoover High School, the state top prep program.