Thursday, April 01, 2010

Where is Ace?

Not the greatest picture, but just take my word for it.
With the NCAA Women's Tournament on to the Final Four, one question sticks in my mind. Where is Ace? Ace Clement that is. Clement was a member of the 1997-1998 National Championship team at University of Tennessee. Clement was different then many of the girls on the team, she made sure her makeup was done and always looked hot, yes I said hot. Ace looked like she could be a model if she was not a basketball player. She was a favorite and I will admit that I even had a crush on her.

Clement did not get by on looks alone, she had amazing game. Here list of accomplishments is as follows: three back-to-back high school state championships, four years as a high school All-American, breaking Wilt Chamberlain’s scoring record for the city of Philadelphia, winning gold in Brazil for the USA Junior National Team, and an NCAA National Championship and 39-0 season with the University of Tennessee Lady Volunteers.



While flipping around a couple of weeks ago, I saw the Lady Vols on TV and the one thing that kept running through my mind was where was Ace. So thanks to the Internet I was able to try to figure it out. A couple of years ago she was working for the Fellowship of Christian Athletes and since then I have no idea what she has been up to.

She might be still playing ball a little: ""I saw her yesterday playing in the guys' basketball Y league where I play. She seems to be pretty good with an open look, but throw some defense on her and her shots stop dropping. The team she plays on has been beating teams 100+ to 50,'' from the UT message Board in January.

If anyone knows what she is up to please let OTWT family know.

No comments: