Few drafts over the last couple of years have had the impact that the 2005 draft has had. From Ryan Braun's break out season for the Brewers last year to the continued development of Diamondbacks future star Justin Upton. This draft has all of the markings of a great class.
If you were going to redo the draft's top ten again, here is what it would look like:
1. Diamondbacks: Ryan Braun, 3b, Miami
2. Kansas City Royals: Troy Tulowitzki, ss, Long Beach State.
3. Seattle Mariners: Ryan Zimmerman, 3b, Virginia.
4. Washington Nationals: Jacoby Ellsbury, OF, Oregon State.
5. Milawukee Brewers: Alex Gordon, 3b, Nebraska.
6. Toronoto Blue Jays: Justin Upton, OF, Great Bridge (VA) HS.
7. Colorado Rockies : Cameron Maybin, OF, Roberson (NC) HS.
8. Tampa Bay Devil Rays: Colby Rasmus, OF, Russel County (AL) HS.
9. New York Mets: Matt Garza, Pitcher, Fresno State.
10. Detroit Tigers: Jay Bruce, OF, West Brook (TX) HS.
One of the things that really stands out is the amount of quality college bats that were available. From Braun to Ellsbury to Gordon. It was a great year to be a college hitter.