The first weekend of the big dance is always the best. This year has been no different with all kinds of drama. Here are some thoughts about the last four days of action:
• Could Mississippi Valley State be the worst team ever in the dance?
• I think Belmont coach Rick Byrd bought his sweater vest at Macy's.
• Is USC loss to Kansas State the last time we will see Tim Floyd on the sidelines of the Trojans. I think so.
• These Nike commercials are starting to get annoying. I know my better is better then your better.
• Davidson's back court of Curry and Richards might be one of the best in all of the land.
• Two weeks ago looked like Villanova might be headed to the College Basketball Invitational, now they are in the Sweet 16.
• Who would have ever thought Quentin Thomas would be winningest player in the history of North Carolina basketball.