According to a recently released report by European marking group: Sport+Markt, the numbers continue to grow. This year in the EPL teams are making $142.9 million in revenue from jersey sponsorships, while the next highest is Germany with $140 million.
The top six clubs in sponsorship deals are also no surprise:
- Manchester United: AIG: $30.5 million
- Bayern Munich: T-Home: $29.3 million
- Real Madrid: Bwin: $21.9 million
- Chelski: Samsung: $21.2 million
- AC Milan: Bwin: $17.5 million
- Schalke 04: Gazprom: $17.5 million
It makes you wonder why United States sports don't do this. How great would it be for the Mets to have a great big Citi Bank logo on the front of their jersey. Hey it might even allow them to afford a new starting pitcher.