The first two-day of the NCAA Tournament are one of my favorite sports days of the year and this year is no different. During the first day of the dance, announcers try to do their best to make it as interesting as possible.
Here are a couple of things that made the afternoon session fun:
- First could CBS stop with the all of the commercials, its like one every two seconds.
- You know why Bobby Knight lost today; he did not have his trusty O'Reiley Auto Parts logo on his shirt.
- Gus Johnson gave us the best information of the day: Texas A&M forward Joseph Jones has a weak stomach and has to god to the locker room to calm it down. See Dickie V never has that kind of info.
- Following the tournament at work can be hard, but with ESPN.com it’s not that bad. But they do have some 1950's language. During the Louisville game, at one point it said "Edgar Sosa scores on a dunk shot." Do you think that John Wooden was doing the updating?
- Penn's Ibrahim Jaaber's brother is the best baller in Mecca.
- Jon Scheyer purposely misses shots for the rebounds and shot attempt stats according to the announcer Bob Wenzel.
- Doug Collins might be a Four time NBA all star but he still will pick his ear on national TV.
- Karl Hobbs (pictured) and Gary Coleman were separated at birth. Hobbs might have the biggest head of anyone in the dance.
Special thanks to Endy in the Outfield for helping me out with the night session. He took time out of his busy Mets spring training schedule to help.