Wednesday, May 20, 2015

The WWE Network is perfect for a boring night

BA couple of nights ago after everyone left the house, I went downstairs and was looking for something to watch and put on the WWE Network. I searched for about 5 minutes and decided on SuperBrawl IV feature Flair vs Vader in a cage.

It's fun to sometime take a look back at what wrestling was like before the Monday Night Wars. The thing about watching an old show is you forget the story lines. 

One of the matches on the card is The Equalizer vs. jungle Jim Steel. Yes this was a match and it was boring as anything. The Jungle Jim character was terrible complete with ring music that featured monkey calls, yes monkey calls. 

Just look at this character this would never be allowed to happen today. Shaking my head at this character was one of the highlights of the show. 

The one thing I did really like was stage walkway that WCW used. It made it feel like a big event despite the fact the card was terrible. 

One thing I saw made me really upset was seeing Rick Rude. I was always a huge fan of his work. His mic work was amazing and his in ring skills where just as good. 

No comments: