Wednesday, May 08, 2013

Thank You Sir Alex

 Last night, I went to bed to thinking that Sir Alex would still be the manager of Manchester United when I woke up. These rumors have been around for years and you never thought that they were true. When I woke up this morning, the unthinkable had happened Sir Alex had announced that he was stepping down.

For the last two and a half decades, Sir Alex is the only leader that I have know. His passion for the club, his love of the game, and his energy where qualities that I respected. Fergie remembered the club history and held it close to his heart. He was not a here today, gone type of "Special One".

United was his home. He said he was going to do thing and he did them. Remember there was a time when the idea of United having more league titles than Liverpool, was some kind of sick joke. Now Liverpool are the joke.

On Sunday, Sir Alex will stand in the technical area at Old Trafford for the final time. At the end of the game he will pick  up his final medal and hold the Premier Trophy for the final time. I'm sure I will shed a tear watching from New Jersey and hopefully my 3-year old son will sit with to see the end of era.

Sunday will be the end of the era, but the end of the our club.

No comments: